Yoga Adventure with Brent Laffoon
We are delighted that the first yoga retreat to be held at Chateau de Rosieres en Vivarais will be led by the wonderful Brent Laffoon in June 2021. Those of you who watch the UK television show Escape to the Chateau: DIY will have seen Brent travelling from Los Angeles to check out the early stages of work on our retreat centre in 2019. We’re happy to say that he loved it here and is as excited as us to return and share his inimitable style of yoga adventure with you at Chateau de Rosieres in 2021. See below for full details of the retreat!
Given the uncertainty caused by the current pandemic, we are not fixing absolute dates or prices, and not taking deposits at this time. Instead we ask you to sign up for this special waiting list. You will then be given exclusive access to booking, one week before we open it to the general public. The estimated date of the retreat is between mid-May and Mid-June, to be confirmed later in 2020.
NB: Signing up for this waiting list in no way obliges you to book and incurs no cost.
Who is Brent?
A favourite yoga instructor to yogis of all levels in Los Angeles and beyond, Brent Laffoon is trained in a variety of yoga styles – including Ashtanga, Iyengar and Bhakti – Brent’s classes are both playful and intense, blending traditional yoga philosophy and postures with a variety of creative and functional movements designed to keep your body strong and limber, your mind calm and positive, and your spirit light and uplifted.
Brent has led sell-out retreats across the globe, and brings to them his big heart, consummate professionalism and great sense of fun and adventure.
Find out more from his own website.
- Accommodation in one of the chateau’s beautifully renovated bedrooms or historic outbuildings.
- Twice-daily yoga and meditation sessions
- Delicious and nourishing plant-based meals
- Unlimited herbal teas and filtered water
- Unlimited access to 130 acres of beautiful gardens and forest
- Use of dedicated relaxation and meditation areas both indoors and out
- Access to a small wellbeing library
- Possibility to help out on the farm
- Guided walks on local footpaths in the forests and mountains
- A guided tour of the medieval chateau and grounds.
Some people will find everything they need, physically and spiritually, within the grounds and walls of the chateau. But for those looking for more, extra excursions and experiences can include the following (and more) at a small additional cost:
- Expeditions on electric bikes
- Guided and unguided visits to historic villages
- Visit to a luxury spa higher up in the mountains
- Wine tasting in the Rhone Valley
- Wild swimming in a nearby river
- Riding a steam train through picturesque gorges
- Lessons in herbalism with a local specialist
- Visits to local markets and brocantes.